Thursday, March 15, 2012

but by the Grace of God

The only difference between me and anyone else- anyone at all- is the Grace of God; that I have not received what I really deserve. All my goodness, all my success (the relative amount of each that I happen to have) is only through His grace in my relationship with Jesus Christ. I can strive all I want to do "good" but it will never approach the goodness that is God. I can struggle to cleanse myself of all my past mistakes, my bad habits and my addictions. Praise God, instead, that I have an intercessor, Jesus Christ, who stands between me and God. God's desire for me is goodness and love but my given nature, as a result of my free will, doesn't always lead me to make the right choices. There exist logical and natural consequences (short and long-term) to our behavior and actions. I can look at my past and see the Grace of God in my life. I can consider where I am now, the life I have right now, at this moment, and know- absolutely and with no doubt, that it is not me who has gotten me here. Left to my choices and decisions, this is not what I deserve. This is also not random nor coincidence, either, as I can see direction, purpose, love, and a great work being done within me that gives glory to God.
Jesus is on my side and when I place my trust in Him to guide me and protect me, He is fighting for me as only He can. And within God's desire for us even when we are not seeking him He is with us, protecting and guiding in ways that surpass our understanding.

No comments: